Pizzeria Prima Strada Production Facility is now HIRING!
- Monday to Friday. Morning start times;
- Learn how to make Gelato, cured meats, dough, frozen pizza and much more.
Be part of the team that makes Prima Strada’s house made goods! Ever thought of yourself as a master of all trades? That’s how our production team thinks of themselves. When asked what they do, they said:
- make people happy
- have fun
- make a lot of great food
- try not to eat it all!
Job Title: Cook/Production Assistant
Job Status: Part-time/Full-time. Permanent. Monday to Friday. Day time!
Summary of Position:
Prepare all production items to standards as laid out by Pizzeria Prima Strada in an efficient, consistent and timely manner.
Starting at $18 per hour
- Love pizza!
- Available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Able to work a minimum of two (2) shifts per week.
- Must be able to lift 25kgs on a regular basis.
- Prepare production items according to PPS recipes.
- Demonstrate full working knowledge of the PPS menu.
- Ensure high quality products are produced in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with all team members.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe manner.
- Ensure both you and the kitchen are clean and organized.
- Comply with all Island Health, CRD, PPS OH&S and Work Safe BC regulations.
- Experience in a professional kitchen, food production facility or culinary schooling.
- Enjoy working in teams and learning.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Personable and professional.
- Enjoy creating consistent product for both in house consumption and retail offerings.
- Must embrace PPS Core Values: Relentlessly Strive for Improvement, Be Respectful, Work as a Team, Focus in the Customer, Thrive in the Community and Use Quality Ingredients in Traditional Ways
Reports to: Production Manager
Closing Date: Please submit your application as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed daily.
About Pizzeria Prima Strada
More than 10 years ago, two food lovers with a passion for wood fired pizza were inspired to create Pizzeria Prima Strada. They wanted neighborhood pizzerias: places to gather with family and friends for a delicious and casual meal. It needed to satisfy both their four-year-old son and eighty-year-old Nonna. Also required? A few cocktails, good wines and craft beer. Join us for wood-fired pizza, seasonal salads, house made gelato and sorbetto, craft beer and Vino Della Casa (produced by island winery Averill Creek Vineyards)!
Over the years Prima Strada has expanded our Production Kitchen. Our house made offerings include dough made daily, sausage, meatballs, gelato, olives and pepperoni.
Visit pizzeriaprimastrada.com and follow the Prima Strada team on Instagram and Facebook.