Locally owned and operated, award winning, authentic Neapolitan pizzerias!
Job Title: Primo Pizzaiolo-Kitchen Manager
Job Status: Full-time. Permanent.
Summary of Position: The Primo Pizzaiolo leads the kitchen team, ensuring smooth kitchen operation, 100% customer satisfaction and 100% food quality. This role requires strong communication skills to interface with the team, vendors and customers. Ensures all menu items are prepared to Pizzeria Prima Strada standards in an efficient, cost effective and timely manner.
- Love pizza!
- Available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Valid Food Safe Certificate required.
- Must be able to lift 25kgs on a regular basis.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Pizzeria Prima Strada kitchen.
- Prepare menu items, including daily features, to fit within PPS’s food strategy and budget.
- Uphold Verace Pizza Napoletana Standards.
- Strive to provide exceptional guest experiences.
- Make operating decisions based on current financial realities. Use weekly and monthly financial data to adjust your strategy.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory: balance operational needs with PPS budget.
- Accurately capture inventory bi-monthly and transfer information electronically to executive team within 5 business days of month end.
- Ensure maintenance and repair of all equipment is timely, report serious maintenance issues to exec team.
- Recognize a job well done. Celebrate victories with your team.
- Prepare a monthly schedule at least one week prior to beginning of month.
- Work with Assistant General Manager to ensure all staff members are trained appropriately.
- Manage employee relations: check in with your team regularly, assist with formal reviews, performance management and identify individual’s opportunity for growth with PPS.
- Delegate daily shift assignments.
- Communicate effectively with guests and PPS staff using appropriate etiquette and language and work in cooperation with all colleagues, supervisors and other departments to execute duties and responsibilities with diligence.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure both you and the kitchen are clean and organized.
- Comply with all Island Health, CRD, PPS OH&S and Work Safe BC regulations.
- Experience with wood-fired cooking and/or pizza an asset.
- Experience in a professional kitchen or culinary schooling.
- Enjoy working in teams and learning.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast paced environment.
- Personable and professional.
- Enjoy creating great guest experiences.
- Strong communicationskills are required to interface with your team members, vendors and customers.
- Must embrace PPS Purpose and Core Values: Pizza. People. Passion. Relentlessly Strive for Improvement, Be Respectful, Work as a Team, Focus in the Customer, Thrive in the Community and Use Quality Ingredients in Traditional Ways
Reports to: Assistant General Manager, Back of House
Closing Date: Please submit your application as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed daily.