Locally owned and operated, award winning, authentic Neapolitan pizzerias!
Job Title: Dining Room Manager
Job Status: Full-time. Permanent
Summary of Position:
The Dinning Room Manager leads the Front of the House team, ensuring smooth service operation, 100% customer satisfaction and 100% product quality. This role requires strong communication skills to interface with the team, customers and vendors.
Wage: From $$40,000.00/year to $50,000.00/year
- Love pizza!
- Available to work weekdays, weekends and statutory holidays.
- Valid Serving-it-Right Certificate required.
- Must be able to lift 25kgs on a regular basis.
- Ensure the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing consistently excellent service and genuine personal attention.
- Aim to serve guests and complete duties in the most efficient manner without panic or complaint, changing “gears” when business demands.
- Maintain knowledge of PPS, our menu and features.
- Keep your eyes open for ways to support your team.
- Ensure alcohol is only served to guests 19 years and older.
- Maintain appropriate levels of inventory: balance operational needs with PPS budget.
- Accurately capture inventory bi-monthly and transfer information electronically to executive team within 5 business days of month end.
- Ensure maintenance and repair of all equipment is timely, report serious maintenance issues to exec team.
- Recognize a job well done. Celebrate victories with your team.
- Prepare a monthly schedule at least one week prior to beginning of month.
- Work with Assistant General Manager to ensure all staff members are trained appropriately.
- Manage employee relations: check in with your team regularly, assist with formal reviews, performance management and identify individual’s opportunity for growth with PPS.
- Delegate daily shift assignments.
- Communicate effectively with guests and PPS staff using appropriate etiquette and language and work in cooperation with all colleagues, supervisors and other departments to execute duties and responsibilities with diligence.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Ensure both you and the restaurant are clean and organized.
- Comply with all Island Health, CRD, PPS OH&S and Work Safe BC regulations.
- Previous restaurant experiences an asset.
- Enjoy creating great guest experiences.
- Team oriented and self-motivated.
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Personable and professional.
- Must embrace PPS Purpose and Core Values: Pizza. People. Passion. Relentlessly Strive for Improvement, Be Respectful, Work as a Team, Focus in the Customer, Thrive in the Community and Use Quality Ingredients in Traditional Ways
Reports to: Assistant General Manager, Front of House
Closing Date: Please submit your application as soon as possible. Applications are reviewed daily.